Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Ohmigod!Ohmigod!Ohmigod!

There's a post that's been stewing in my mind for ages, but thanks to lots of music going on right now, it will have to wait yet another day. BUT! I couldn't let today go by without putting some words down. Namely, these words:


Hi Amanda --

We were very impressed with your talent, and would like to invite you to sing the role of Brangane in January and February 2008. If you still want the part, please contact Jane and she can work out the business/practical end.



Exsqueeze me? Really???! Yup, my first real-to-life, honest-to-goodness gig! In Boston and then in PARIS next year! With a wonderful group, doing exciting music in high(ish) profile places and with people who are interested in me. Check it all out here: www.bostoncamerata.com

I call the singer the economic bottomfeeder, the grub, of the musical world. I compare our struggle to the march of the penguins, I never really expect anything to work out- certainly not for me. But despite best efforts to hasten my own demise, this little penguin just got tossed a tasty fish!

I have other reason for neglecting my writing here, but we'll have to discuss them sometime when that reason is not falling asleep....

No comments: