Monday, April 13, 2009

more on Easter

I guess I do like Easter. Maybe it's the sort of thing you discover as an adult, when your Easter hay days are long gone, or maybe it's because I haven't been able to see my family on Easter for the past four years. So between the church gig and the rehearsals, I cobbled together what I had and had myself a merry little Easter.....

Easter dinner in 20 minutes! I mashed exactly one new potato, seared some lamb steaks with rosemary and garlic and braised them in wine, and wilted spinach in the same pan. I don't quite know where lamb steaks come from off the animal, but they are tender and tasty, if a bit gristly. And it all cooked up in a flash!


And for dessert.... I finally finished off the last of the cake flour with the chocolate cake recipe from the back of the box, but the real treat of the afternoon was the lovely presence of my pal Paula. A good bit of cake is still in my freezer, but Paula, sadly, will be heading back to England soon.


You know you like Easter when.... It occurred to me only when I was dying these eggs (and my thumbs and my sweater) vivid colors that it might not be too healthy to eat these artificial colors. But don't they just make you think of the holy spirit?


And when Paula left I was alone but for the companionship of Sunny the Bunny.


But things soon turned ugly...

No comments: