Monday, March 27, 2006

Nota Bene

Heavens to Betsy! My last post seems to have struck some complicated chords in some of ye, so here is a handy set of guidelines to improve your enjoyment of Amanda’s blog:


  1. I write this online journal in lieu of an offline one. By reading, you are opening the Pandora’s box of my most intimate thoughts. I’m delighted that you read! But you have been warned, all of this stuff is close to the bone.
  2. Remember that I write sometimes late at night or in fragmented sections, which can yield some occasional incoherence, contradictory conclusions, or not very nice things about you personally.
  3. If the latter occurs, do feel free to leave extensive rebuttal remarks in the comments section! (The more web traffic I can claim, the more attractive I can make this blog to advertisers, the more revenue it will produce, etc. ;-)
  4. My original goal with starting a blog was to inspire myself to try to write fiction. Brace yourself my cherubs, that just might happen soon! As such, don’t believe everything you read…
  5. But that said, don’t take it all personally. When I address “you,” how do YOU know who I’m talking to??? It could be you, or likely someone else, or I’m just making someone up and messin’ with ya (see rule #4).
  6. As with all intensely good things, pace yourself. Think of my writing as a delicacy, like dark chocolate, black truffles, or celestial ambrosia. Just a few bites (or paragraphs) can be overwhelming to mere mortals ;-D.
  7. You know that I write, but I really don’t know who reads! As such, forgive me if I forget my audience and write something that rubs you the wrong way. I truly mean no offense.
  8. By all means, start your own blog, and see how it changes your point of view…

No comments: