Thursday, March 30, 2006

Strange Dreams

Just before going to sleep the other night I read an email from a friend of mine (una carissima amica mia che voglio bene, che mi manca tantissimo!), who wrote with some interesting news and friendly greetings. In my dreams that night, I dreamt she had also wrote that she enjoyed reading my blog, but just wished I wasn’t so egotistical and snooty. The first thing I did when I awoke was to re-read the email. It was as I remembered, of course not as I dreamt, but I swear I could have seen the words before me.

Last night, I remember only details from a long dream. I was on a train ride, in colors of dark green and blue, and on one of the seats I found three frozen items: a package of fruit, similar to what you would find at a deli, a baby, and something else I can’t remember. That’s right, a frozen baby. Its hair was blonde and brittle, but its skin was rosy and soft, like a normal baby’s, just very cold. I knew that it was still alive. I think the rest of the dream involved trying to locate the baby’s parents, and eventually my mom entered and told me she had found the father. He was in his 70’s and wanted to get rid of the child because he knew it would be brain damaged (whether or not that was a result of the freezing, my dream didn’t make clear.) Mom pointed out that the baby’s developmental delays were evident (it had begun to thaw out) and noted its deformed head as proof.

They say that you are everything you dream about. It makes perfect sense – no one else put these thoughts in my mind, they only came from me. What should I make of them?

No comments: