Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Welcome back!

Well hello there! Where have you been? Did you think I was fading into blogger oblivion? It was merely my summer vacation, and I must say it was refreshing to take a break from my "public" voice. Although it's hard for me to judge if anyone still checks in here, I am conscious that I'm not just writing for myself, and that I should consider my readers present and readers future by sparing them from unpondered boredom.

So instead I've been trying to turn my writing into a private act. This is how it always has been after all, the original performance art. An act as private and inward-looking as meditation or an expression of love. I have plans for my public voice, however, namely catching up on posts I've been drafting in my head for months, and soon it will be time to start a wedding blog, speaking of boredom. And maybe later today, when no one is looking, I'll post here a poem-like fragment for a friend of mine.

And I realize I am getting back to blogging right around September 11, which I've made comments on year after year after year. Maybe it's time to turn that into a personal act as well, instead of public pageantry.

No comments: